Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) is a leading practitioner and solution provider in scaling the delivery of global K-12 differentiated education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale takes modern education to new heights, delivering life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world.
Rosedale Academy is a global high school (Ontario Ministry of Education BSID 668726), operated by Rosedale International Education Inc. We are dedicated to building strong partnerships with top secondary schools around the world to provide students with access to differentiated education with an emphasis on higher order thinking skills, while studying in their local school’s classroom.
We empower our international partner schools to embrace their local expertise in teaching and learning. Rosedale Academy delivers a range of robust curriculum rooted in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and advanced by disruptive innovation in education technology, data-driven learning management, and comprehensive quality assurance services to ensure students reach their full potential and open pathways to their future. Our global high school program has reached a partnership base of 51 schools in 13 countries in its four-year partnership development.
We are seeking a technical deep and business savvy product manager to join our high-achieving and dynamic team. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the success of our digital learning management platform from product roadmap, specific product requirements, to delivery to market and continuing improvement cycle.
- Establish a market-oriented and data-driven product management practice to deliver high level learner experiences, partner school satisfaction, internal operational efficiency, and support overall business objectives
- Work closely with the leadership team to translate organizational strategy, business, and market requirements into a product roadmap
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, development, release and continuous improvement of new features, functionalities, and tools.
- Directly connect with end user groups to build user empathy and insights, and make market oriented and data-driven product decisions, including: what to build, how to develop and when to launch
- Research best practices in education technology and create Rosedale-specific innovative solutions that consider business viabilities, value to the customers and usability, in collaboration with curriculum development, technology, academic operations, program implementation functions
- Regularly collect market inputs (partner schools, business development, academics, implementation, competitive intelligence etc.) to create and maintain a product backlog
- Communicate Rosedale digital curriculum platform in education product pitching to perspective partner schools, industry conferences and other occasions
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years’ product management experience in the technology industry.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Experience and knowledge with learning management systems and the education sector would be an asset
- Strong software development and design skills. Technical background in user experiences, analytics and big data is a big plus
- Strong research ability and ability to adopt best practices within and beyond the education technology industry
- Ability to understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems and opportunities customers face and how customers use, or could use, our platform
- A cross-functional and strategic thinker with the proven ability to deliver high quality software solutions to the market
- Highly analytical and business minded. Ability to solve complex issues in an organized way
- Proven ability to meet or exceed assigned targets, budgets and deadlines
- Ability to 100% own initiatives. Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and highly demanding environment.
Head Office – 7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 6G2 (all staff work from home till further notice)
Remote office – Waterloo, ON
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Senior Technology Product Manager, Learning Management Systems
Your application package should include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experience
August 31, 2021