Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) delivers school learning solutions in K-12 transformative global education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale provides international schools a holistic education solution, supported by an integrated digital learning platform with transformative curriculum and comprehensive quality assurance services, to create life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world. Rosedale International Education operates Rosedale Academy Global High School.
Rosedale Academy delivers technology enabled and transformative learning experiences to a new generation of learners. We partner with top international secondary schools to expand access to world-renowned education that empowers students to design their future and meet their full potential as global citizens—with the benefit of studying in their local school’s classroom. We have reached a partnership base of 95 schools in 17 countries in five-years of development.
The Financial Manager will play a key role by examining, analyzing, and evaluating the entirety of Rosedale’s financial and accounting activities, and mapping out Rosedale’s financial future with insightful analysis and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish, improve and implement financial and accounting practice at both corporate and department level to support the corporate objectives, create business value, and enhance financial operational efficiency
Planning and Forecasting
- Research economic and business trend, review past Rosedale performance, and anticipate obstacles and potential problems, all with an eye toward forecasting Rosedale’s future financial results
- Create, update and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts of Rosedale’s future operations
- Work closely with senior management and provide financial advisory support to help achieve financial targets, identify risks & opportunities, and provide high quality performance measurement analysis
- Evaluate strategic projects and investment opportunities to provide insightful proposals to senior management
Budgeting, Reporting and Analysis
- Manage and be responsible for the annual corporate budgeting process, prepare regular updates to meet business and reporting requirements
- Work with individual departments on budgeting development and management; Examine and evaluate the cost-efficiency of each department
- Prepare a variety of management reports to support executive presentations, trend analysis, financial analysis & modeling to senior management
- Provide financial analysis including operational performance trends, variance analysis against business plan and historical results, identify operational and strategic implications, and provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, recommendations, and key actions to management
Billing and Accounting
- Manage the staff on partner invoicing, payment collection and AR management.
- Manage the staff on accounting transactions including bookkeeping, expense management, accounts payable, account reconciliations etc.
- Work with the external professional accounting firms to process payroll transactions, cross-board transaction optimization, tax filing etc.
- Other accounting duties that management may require
Required Experience and Knowledge
- 3+ years of working experience in finance manager or senior financial analyst role
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CFA) is requested
- Demonstrated ability in financial planning and analysis, reporting and analytics, and partnering with senior leaders; able to clearly link financial results to strategic and operational objectives
- Strong business and financial acumen, with exceptional communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to “build the story” with financial data and results
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with numerous competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Expert level skills using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Head Office – 7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 6G2 (Staff are currently able to work remotely.)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line: Financial Manager
Your application package should include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experience
Applications must be received by Monday, May 16, 2022— we look forward to hearing from you!