On October 19 and 20, 2022, Rosedale International Education hosts the inaugural Global Student Success Forum—a two-day, free virtual event focused on cultivating student growth from high school to higher education. The Global Student Success Forum is a diverse program with expert-led dialogue from leading Global Top 100 Universities that will explore student-centred and evidence-based practices through workshops, panels and presentations, to discuss how the education sector can collaborate to develop future-ready global citizens.
Organized by Rosedale International Education, the Global Student Success Forum offers timely conversations with education sector changemakers across themes of learning innovation, student entrepreneurship and career design, pathways and experiential programs, and dominant education sector trends.
“Education is a powerful change agent,” says Michelle Cui, Founder and CEO of Rosedale International Education.
She continues, “With a global mission to create life-changing learning outcomes, Rosedale International Education’s collaborative partnerships reach each corner of the world, contributing to student global mobility and life-long success. The Global Student Success Forum brings together prominent voices in the education sector to support professional development and knowledge exchange among global educators, and will provide our Rosedale students with exclusive experiences as they continue to expand their personal growth and mindset, and follow their individualized path to their achievements.”
Day 1: Practitioner Forum and Knowledge Exchange
During the first day or programming, you’ll be a part of three hours of professional development experiences from leading universities and education research organizations that cover pressing topics in global education—from K-12 to higher ed. An extraordinary keynote session is paired with dynamic presentations and concurrent panels, as well as sessions specific to university guidance counsellors. Join us to:
- Explore learning innovation and pathways to student success;
- Engage in research-based discussions on post-pandemic student mobility and study abroad opportunities;
- Understand the intersection of academics and economics as it pertains to supporting positive sector change in K-12 to higher ed;
- Hear from leading admissions and recruitment representatives on what leading universities want to see in their first-year students;
- Discuss how we can advance academic integrity practices to support students and uphold integrity from high school to higher education;
- Explore themes of global citizenship and design thinking for the next generation of learners;
- Converse on career planning and experiential programs; and,
- Hear about international university experiences in China.
Day 2: Global University Student Recruitment Fair
Our second day of programming is focused on our Rosedale Global High School students and their families. This exclusive, invitation-only university recruitment event connects more than 4,000 Rosedale Global High School students from 17 countries with international student recruitment officers and experiential program staff from more than 35 Global Top 100 universities. In the 2021-2022 academic year, 100% of Rosedale students received offers of admission to global universities, with 61% of students accepted by Global Top 100 Universities—across Canada, the UK, Australia, the USA and more. The Global Student Success Forum will elevate our partner schools and student profiles across the globe. Together with our partner schools, our learners will have diverse engagement opportunities, including:
- The ability to connect directly with university administrators to deepen student understanding of university programs, acquire insights on university and career planning, and build successful transitions from high school to higher education;
- Group and 1:1 sessions with leading universities through virtual booths that are open the entirety of the event;
- Student workshops that include timely themes—such as career paths in robotics, studying medicine in the UK, financial aid for international students in Canada—and many more thematic workshops that are held concurrent with virtual booths; and,
- Rosedale alumni lounges that are a place for students to ask practical questions with peers about the alumni transition experience through chat and/or video conferencing; the lounges are divided by country of study for the top-choice destinations of Rosedale students—the UK, Canada, the US, and Australia.
Save the date
It’s time to reshape the future of global education—and we invite you to join our global education community at the Global Student Success Forum this fall, to engage in the latest concepts and approaches that strengthen education practices and empower our future leaders. Save the date; registration opens in August and you can leave your contact information here and be notified when registration opens.
A limited number of opportunities are available to sponsor this two-day event. Sponsorships allow us to support this free virtual event for the global education sector and all sponsorships will be reviewed for fit and quality of services provided to international students. To support us in providing a high-quality experience for our university representatives, students, parents and staff of the Rosedale Global High School community, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosedale International Education operates Rosedale Global High School, an independent, Ontario-based Canadian secondary school inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education in Canada (#BSID 668726) and authorized to grant the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) to Rosedale Global High School graduates. Learn more in our School Profile, and explore our Transformative Approach to Learning that reinforces our commitment to transformative education, diversity and global citizenship.